All applicants to join the Army Legal Services must, by the advertised date of commissioning into ALS, have successfully completed a qualifying degree (i.e. LLB/MA in Law or other suitable degree plus a CPE/GDL); a post-graduate professional legal practitioner course (LPC or BVC/BPTC); a 12-month pupillage (if a barrister) or a 2-year training contract (if a solicitor); and have a current practicing certificate issued by the relevant regulatory authority.
ALS is now recruiting for 2017. The schedule is as follows:
- Deadline for online applications: 08:30 hrs, Tuesday 29 August 2017
- Interviews: 4-13 October 2017
- ALS Army Officer Selection Board: 14-16 February 2018 (tbc)
- Pre-Professionally Qualified Officers Course Briefing at RMA Sandhurst: 25-26 July 2018
- Commissioning into ALS: 18 September 2018 (tbc)
- Short Service Commission Course at RMA Sandhurst: 29 September – 13 December 2018.
If you are interested in making an application please click here. Please ensure that you specify in the online application that you wish to join as a Professionally Qualified Officer (PQO).
It is strongly recommended that applicants read the ALS Career Guide before making their application.
Candidates are reminded that they are joining the Regular Army as a Commissioned Officer in the Army Legal Services; we require the same qualities and potential as candidates seeking a Commission in any other branch of the Army, with additional professional qualification pre-requisites. Applications, including CVs and covering letters, should be carefully crafted accordingly.